Skip to main content

Discovered Posters

The Discovered Posters and Leaflets have been printed. I will be in St. Ives next and the promotion for the show will start from the 27th of this month, exactly two months before the show opens.

A3 Poster

Popular posts from this blog

Discovered 5Q

Artist Profiles 7 Regina Halpin Weber 1. What is your favourite work of art? On a visit to The National Gallery of Ireland when I was a teenager, I came upon The Meeting on the Turret Stairs by Sir Frederic William Berton, and was captivated immediately. Up until then, (and still sometimes today), I felt intimidated by art and artists. I hadn’t been allowed to do art in secondary school as the class was over subscribed and the teachers felt I would do as well at Music. Not true, as I am tone deaf!   I loved drawing and sketching but shied away from it because of subliminal messages of not being artistic enough. Seeing ‘The Meeting’, changed that for me. Here was something I could understand and identify with. My teenage heart broke with the doomed romance of the whole scene. The  tragedy of the ill-fated lovers, Helliel and Hildebrand immediately appealed to me. The rich colouring and detail brought the medieval portrait to life, and their story, il

Discovered 5Q

Artist Profiles 6 Brid Connolly   1. What is your favourite work of art? I absolutely adore the Impressionists so would have to give this honour to the wonderful Claude Monet. His ability to capture the effect of light with quick, fluid brush strokes brings a trance like element to his work.  To me the Impressionists painted their dream of reality.  He breathed rapturous life into ordinary, sometimes mundane subject matter such as haystacks, train stations and of course the infamous waterlily.  In 1873 he endowed us with ‘Les Coquelicots’.   This beautiful portrayal of a stroll through the fields on a summer's day is my favourite work of art.  This painting to me has everything, great composition , elegance and a vivid exploitation of complementary colours with the poppies gently blowing in the lush fields.  It's splendour speaks for itself! Monet - Sunrise 2. What artist has been a constant inspiration in your life? One experience that has re